Toggle menu

Transfer a Premises Licence

Transfer a premises licence

If you are looking to change the current Premises Licence Holder, possibly following the sale of the business or a new tenant in place, you will need to submit a transfer application. The new person being appointed if an individual must have the right to work in the UK.

Who can apply

The application must be made by the new Premises licence holder or their agent/representative.

The consent form must be signed by the current Premises Licence Holder.

Right to work

If applying as an individual, then the person named on the licence must have valid Right to Work documents. More details of this can be found in the legislation: The Immigration (Restrictions on Employment and Residential Accommodation) (Prescribed Requirements and Codes of Practice) and Licensing Act 2003 (Personal and Premises Licences) (Forms) Order 2021


The fee for this application is £23.

Document checklist

Before submitting your application, make sure you have completed the Consent to Transfer (Word doc) [32KB] form. You will need to upload this when you submit your application. 

Apply to Transfer a Premises Licence

Apply online to Transfer a Premises Licence

Download the paper application form to Transfer a Premises Licence (Word doc) [228KB]  or Consent to Transfer (Word doc) [32KB]

If you want to apply to Vary the DPS at the same time then please do the following:

  • Complete the online Transfer application
  • Email requesting a reference number as you are wishing to complete a Vary DPS application following a Transfer application.
  • With your new reference number, complete the online Vary DPS application form

Change of personal details

Please tell us about changes of name or address:

Lost premises licence

Please complete the  Replacement Premises Licence request (PDF) [67KB]  and return it with the correct  fee (Word doc) [64KB] .

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email