Free, confidential housing advice for residents and landlords
The page gives information about a variety of common issues. For further advice, please contact our housing team using our online form.
The Fenland Landlord Rents and Solutions service
We provide free help and advice to private sector landlords in Fenland. We can:
- Assist with debt issues, including rent arrears
- Coach tenants on tenancy obligations, including rent payments
- Help you to avoid the expense and inconvenience of evictions
- Help steer you through the requirements of new legislation and regulations
- Find suitable tenants
- Provide rent deposits and rent in advice
To find out more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01354 654321.
Finding a rented property
Ways to find a private rented property include:
- Signing up to mailing lists from letting agents
- Visiting or calling letting agents
- Viewing properties that are affordable
- Looking online at Zoopla and Rightmove
The Government has produced a How to Rent Guide for people who are looking for a house or flat to rent. The guide is available on the GOV.UK website.
Online repair checker for tenants
The Government has an online checker for tenants called Check how to get repairs done in your rented home. The checker is available on the GOV.UK website..
You can use the checker to find out:
- how to get something fixed by your landlord or letting agent
- what to do if your landlord or letting agent are not responding to your requests
You'll receive ideas about what to do next, along with links to more information.
Support to stay living independently
Outreach support is offered to people needing help to stay living independently in their homes. Advice can also be offered about finding suitable accommodation, home security and improving wellbeing. Anybody can apply.
To find out more, call 'People Potential Possibilities' on 0115 850 8190 or visit their website.
Help for vulnerable groups
The following organisations can also provide support around housing issues:
|People released from prison or youth detention centres||Search 'gov uk' or 'ymca'|
|Care leavers||Search 'The Care Leavers Foundation' or the 'Capstone Care Leavers Trust'|
|Former members of regular armed forces||Search 'Veterans Gateway', 'Armed Forces Covenant' and 'Armed Forces Charities'|
|Victims of domestic abuse||Call the National Domestic Hotline on 0800 2000 247. You can also search 'Refuge' and 'Men's Advice Line'|
Search 'The Ferry Project' to find local night shelters. The hospital can complete a duty to refer or contact local night shelters.
Help for people suffering from a mental illness or learning disability can be found by searching 'Mind' or 'Mencap'.
If you're single, 16 and over and are looking for supported accommodation, you can complete a 'Future's Form' in one of our Customer Service Centres or Community Hubs. We will then refer this to the relevant housing providers.