Ransonmoor Community Fund
Ransonmoor Community Fund provides grants of up to £5,000 to groups for projects with environmental benefits in Benwick, Doddington and Wimblington .
Projects must do at least one of the following:
· Recycle or reuse materials
· Reduce waste going to landfill
· Reduce energy use
· Produce renewable energy
· Reduce or recycle water
· Protect against climate change
· Enhance nature or protect wildlife
· Enable sustainable transport
Constituted community groups or organisations (with a written constitution - or governing document - which sets out rules on how the organisation is run) can apply for funding, including volunteer groups, town and parish councils and charities.
The fund is managed by a committee made up of:
· Fenland District Council
· Representatives from Doddington, Benwick and Wimblington Parish Councils
· Representatives living within the turbine catchment area
Ransonmoor Community Fund supports projects in villages within 5km of the Ransonmoor Wind Farm, off Benwick Road, Doddington. For grants for projects in other geographical areas see: Grants page
What the Ransonmoor Community Fund can support
The committee will consider bids that enhance or protect the environment in some way. Examples include:
This list is not exhaustive; other ideas are welcome.
The maximum grant amount per project is £5,000.
The following will not be funded:
- Bids from 'for profit' organisations
- Bids from individual households
- Fulfillment of statutory duty, running costs or maintenance
- Projects that won't have enough environmental benefit
- Projects where the works have been completed prior to approval
How to bid
The current round of bids closes on 3rd March 2024
To apply, please complete the application form. This also gives scoring criteria information to help applicants meet the requirements of the fund.
The committee will judge applications in September or March (whichever is soonest).
If you have any queries, please contact the Street Pride Co-ordinator by calling 01354 654321 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org