From July 13th, residents can make payments for Council bills and invoices at any Post Office and any local shop which provides the PayPoint service
You can use the Post Office or a PayPoint outlet to make a cash payment for:
- Council Tax
- Housing Benefit overpayment
- Sundry Debtors invoices
You can also pay these bills by credit or debit card at any Post Office.
The service is free to use.
Finding your nearest outlet
You can make payments at Post Offices and shops displaying the PayPoint sign.
- Find your nearest Post Office branch by checking the online Post Office branch locator
- Find your nearest PayPoint Outlet - there are around 30 outlets in Fenland
You can also download a list of locations from this page.
The service is available across the country, not just in Fenland.
How to make a payment
To make a payment, you must have been issued with a updated bill/invoice containing a unique Post Office/PayPoint barcode. Please do not use old bills as these will not work.
Letters with the new barcode are being sent to customers who traditionally pay by cash. Alternatively, you can request an updated bill by contacting our Customer Contact Centre on 01354 654321 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will give this letter to an assistant to scan. They will ask you how much you want to pay. The assistant won't have access to your personal account information so you will need to know how much you want to pay.
Always make sure that you receive a receipt and that the payment details are correct. Keep this receipt as a record of your payment. You should allow up to 3 days for transactions to reach your account.
Somebody else can pay on your behalf. They will need your current bill or invoice to do this. You will also need to tell them how much you want to pay.
Other ways to pay
We still offer other ways to pay:
- You can pay online via our website
- By phone through our Contact Centre on 01354 654321. You can use our automated service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you would prefer to speak to one of our advisors, please call between 9am-4pm (Mon-Fri) or 9am-noon (Sat)
- You can also set up a direct debit for Council Tax payments. You can do this online or by calling 01354 654321.