Trade Commercial Waste and Recycling
We offer a trade (commercial) waste service including general waste, food waste and mixed dry recycling
We offer a trade (commercial) waste service including general waste, food waste and mixed dry recycling for local businesses, schools, charities and community groups.
Our service is competitively priced. Fees are all-inclusive, with no hidden charges.
We collect a variety of materials for recycling including food, paper, card, plastic, cans and glass. This makes it much easier for you to reduce waste going to landfill.
We offer a range of containers and sacks to meet your needs. Our containers range from 240 litres (4 bin bags) up to 1100 litres (18 bin bags).
If your business produces a lot of food or mixed dry recyclables, you may be able to save money by separating these materials and switching to a smaller general waste bin.
By quote, we can also arrange extra or special waste collections.
Who needs trade waste collections?
'Non-domestic' waste is not removed for free. It is illegal to put it in any household bin, household recycling centre or bring bank.
You must organise a trade waste collection if you are a:
- commercial business
- school or club
- residential care or nursing home
- doctors' surgery
- healthcare facility
- charity shop
- agriculture business
- public hall; or
- self-employed or running a business from home
These groups have a 'duty of care' under the Environmental Protection Act 1990. This means:
- their waste must be stored and transported securely
- at least one material must be separated for recycling
- their waste must be handled by a licenced waste carrier and taken to a licenced waste disposal site
- notes must record waste collection and transportation. They must be kept for at least 2 years