Households can now join a group buying scheme to get high quality solar panels at a competitive price
Solar Together Cambridgeshire is an innovative new scheme offering high-quality solar photovoltaic (PV) panels and battery storage.
It is a group-buying scheme, which brings Cambridgeshire households together to get high-quality solar panels at a competitive price. The scheme will help you through the process and keep you informed at every stage.
If you already have solar panels installed you can also register to have battery storage added to your existing solar panels to maximise the benefits of your system.
How to register
You can register your interest on the Solar Together website, which also has more detailed information about the scheme.
If you have any questions, you can complete the contact us form on the Solar Together website or call their freephone number on 0800 048 8259.
How the process works
The process is as follows:
- Register for free, and without obligation, on the Solar Together website. You'll simply need to provide details about your roof, such as its size and orientation
- An 'auction' will be held on October 6. This is where pre-vetted solar installers will bid for the work. The more people that register, the better the deal should be for each household
- From October 26, you will be emailed with a personal recommendation based on your registration details. This includes your costs and specifications of your solar panel installation
- You then decide whether to accept your recommendation by 11 December. You don't have to continue with the process if you don't want to. An information session will be organised to provide further details.
- If you accept, the winning supplier will contact you to survey your roof and set an installation date. Installations are planned to be completed by the end of May 2021.