Toggle menu

Complain about a Councillor (Member Conduct)

You can make a complaint if you believe a Fenland District, Town or Parish Councillor has breached the Code of Conduct

A copy of the Code of Conduct can be found in the Constitution

Make a complaint

To make a complaint, please read the guidance notes (Word doc) [115KB] and fill in the complaint form (Word doc) [125KB]

Please give as much information as possible. You need to:

  • tell us why you think the 'General Obligations' of the Code of Conduct have been breached
  • provide relevant supporting evidence e.g extracts from social media
  • give the names and contact details of anyone else you think may have witnessed the behaviour you are complaining about

Examples of possible breaches may include:

  • behaviour which is disrespectful or could amount to bullying or discrimination
  • behaviour which compromises the impartiality of people who work for, or on behalf of, Fenland District Council
  • behaviour which has, or is capable of, damaging the reputation of the Council or Councillor
  • disclosure of confidential information
  • use of position to improperly obtain an advantage or disadvantage for themselves or someone else

Complaints we can't deal with

The Monitoring Officer can only deal with complaints about the behaviour of a Councillor covered by the Code of Conduct.

They cannot deal with complaints about:

  • when a Councillor is 'off-duty'; or
  • when a Councillor acting in their private or personal capacity 

If the Monitoring Officer cannot deal with your complaint they will let you know. 

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email