Brown bin (garden waste)
Your brown bin is for garden waste
You need to subscribe to our garden waste service for your brown bin to be emptied.
You can put the following garden waste in your brown bin:
- hedge trimmings
- small twigs and branches (less than 2.5cm or 1" in diameter)
- grass cuttings
- fruit and vegetable waste
Put materials into the bins loose. It must all fit in the bin, with the lid closed. Items left outside your bin won't be collected (apart from real Christmas trees in season).
All other materials should be disposed of through:
- Your blue bin - for recyclable materials
- Your green bin - for non-recyclable rubbish. This includes carrier bags, nappies, cigarettes and food waste
- Local household recycling centres - for items you can't put in your bin at home
- Local textile and media banks - many take clothes, shoes, books, CD's and DVD's
Bin collection day
Check your bin collection day
If your bin hasn't been emptied and you think it was missed, report it to us.