Action on Energy Grant Scheme
The Action on Energy Grant Scheme, run in partnership with neighbouring councils, can provide grants for low-income households to make homes warmer, more energy efficient and cheaper to run.
The grants are available for homeowners and private landlords that meet both of the following criteria:
- Homeowners or tenants on certain means-tested benefits (see 'eligible benefits' below) or with a total household income of less than £34,500 before tax or other deductions.
- The property's Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating is D, E, F, or G. Check your EPC rating.
- You must also be a Cambridgeshire resident.
For homeowners, the grant will cover 100% of the cost of improvements.
For landlords the grant will cover two-thirds of the cost of the improvements, with the landlord expected to cover the remaining amount.
The maximum amount of grant available depends on the way that the property is heated and its current EPC rating. The maximum ranges from £10,000 to £25,000 for homeowners and £5,000 to £16,666 for landlords.
If you meet the eligibility criteria, a registered Trustmark installer will then visit your property to assess whether any of the following improvements are suitable:
- Cavity wall insulation
- External or internal wall insulation
- Loft insulation (or top-up)
- Party wall insulation (between you and your neighbour)
- Room-in-roof insulation
- Flat roof insulation
If funds allow, as well as any insulation work, the grant can be used to install additional measures including:
- Photovoltaic solar panels for electricity
- Renewable heating or hot-water systems such as heat pumps
The work must be carried out by a registered Trustmark installer working to a new quality standard for the retro-fit industry. A grant application must be received in the first instance before any work can begin.
Register your interest
To register your interest in the grant scheme please email email@example.com