Action on Energy grant scheme
Do you want to reduce your energy bills?
Through the Action on Energy scheme, run in partnership with neighbouring councils, households can access grants to install energy efficiency improvements and low carbon heating.
Grants are available to homeowners, private renters and private landlords.
You may quality for funding if the following statements apply to you:
- Your home has an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating of D, E, F or G. You can find out if your property has an EPC rating but, if not, a survey will be carried out as part of the scheme.
- Your home doesn't have a mains gas supply, or you don't use gas as your main source of heating, for example, you use electricity, oil, LPG or solid fuels as the main heating source for your home.
- You have a total household annual income of £34,500 or less (before housing costs/bills) OR you receive a means-tested benefit.
- You must also be a Cambridgeshire resident.
Which energy efficiency measures can be funded?
Funding can be used for the following energy-efficiency improvements:
- Solid wall insulation (internal or external)
- Cavity wall insulation
- Underfloor insulation
- Loft insulation
- Room-in-roof insulation
- Park home insulation
- Air source heat pump
- Solar PV panels
- High heat retention storage heaters
All measures are subject to the property receiving a retrofit assessment from one of our energy efficiency contractors and being technically and financially feasible under the funding available within the scheme.
Register your interest
You can find more information and check eligibility requirements on the Action on Energy website.
To register your interest in the grant scheme, please use the online contact form or call 01223 457340.