Redeveloping the Market Place
The Market Place regeneration project aims to address existing issues with the current Market Place, such as drainage, re-allocate parking spaces to modern standards and provide wider outside seating for businesses operating within the market to encourage café culture for the future.
The project team anticipates work will start on site at the Market Place in January 2023.
- Resurfacing and re-lining of the car park
- Widening of the northern footway
- Repairs and replacement of public realm elements such as benches and bollards
- The provision of Electric Vehicle ducting for future EV charge points
- New bollards to open and close the marketplace to public vehicles
- A reconfiguring of the car park layout to maximise spaces under modern regulations