Food Business Inspections
We inspect all food premises trading in Fenland
We visit premises to:
- check that food is being handled and produced hygienically
- make sure food is safe to eat
- assess the risk of food poisoning or injury after eating food
- check food handling staff are:
- trained in food hygiene and handling practices
- understand the importance of personal hygiene
- inspect the condition of equipment
- check precautions to prevent pests
We also inspect premises as part of the Food Hygiene Rating Scheme.
All premises can be inspected. We visit small individual traders as well as large multinational suppliers.
Visits can be routine or unannounced.
For more advice please email email@example.com or call 01354 654321.
Frequency of visits
The frequency of inspections depends on a businesses level of risk and past record.
- 'High risk' premises include restaurants, takeaways, cafes, pubs serving food, nursing and residential care homes, schools, bakeries, butchers, supermarkets, hospitals and mobile caterers
- 'Low risk' premises include newsagents, small grocery stores, pharmacies, small post offices, off-licenses and garages
If improvements are needed
We will take action against businesses that do not meet basic safety guidelines or work in unsatisfactory conditions. Actions may include:
- issuing a written warning
- serving a legal notice
- closing the premises