Skip Navigation

Complain about services licensed by the Council

Make a complaint about a service licensed by the Council, or licensees. You can also find out which services are licensed by us.

Licensed Drivers

Use this form to complain about licences or licensees only. Please note we cannot investigate any complaints without contact details as we may need to interview you. Email and telephone are preferred.

The following services are licensed by the Council:

Licensed Alcohol and Entertainment Premises. These may be pubs, clubs, supermarkets, cinemas, theatres and late night refreshment retailers. Complaints must related to the licensed activity such as sale of alcohol, provision of regulated entertainment, late night foods and drink sales. 

Licensed Gambling Premises. These may be betting shops, bingo premises, gaming machine premises and lotteries. Complaints must relate to the licensed gambling elements of the business. 

Animal Welfare Licensed Premises. These may be pet shops, dog and cat boarding establishments, riding schools, keepers of dangerous wild animals, zoos and dog breeders.  We can also deal with some other serious animal welfare concerns (not farm animals) Complaints must relate to the licensee or the conditions at the licensed premises.

Street Traders. These may be food sellers, flower sellers or ice cream vans. 

Other services include:

  • Charity, Street and House to House collections
  • Sex Establishments
  • Scrap Metal Dealers and Collectors
  • Performances of Hypnotism for entertainment (excluding hypnotherapy).
iCM Form
  1. Your details
    1. Name
    2. Address
  2. Your complaint
    1. Please provide full details of your complaint, including the date and time of the incident. Many licenses are bound by terms and conditions which may, or may not, have been breached during the incident and will form part of the investigation.