Skip Navigation

Environmental nuisance

Tell us about noise, smoke, air or light problems that are affecting you.

Environmental nuisance

Noise, smoke, odours and light issues can be classed as a 'statutory nuisance'. By law, this is a problem that the Council can take action on. To decide if this is the case, the Council needs to understand:

  • how severe the problem is
  • how long the problem has lasted for and how often it happens
  • whether the nuisance happens on purpose
  • whether it would interfere with the 'average' person's reasonable enjoyment of their property.

Before you complete this form, you may want to read our advice about common problems and how we will deal with your complaint.

iCM Form
  1. Your details
    1. Please note that the Council cannot act on anonymous complaints. We will not pass on your details to the person you are complaining about.