The UK has now left the EU. This page signposts to Government guidance that is particularly helpful for residents and businesses

There is now a transition period until the end of 2020 while the UK and EU negotiate additional arrangements. The current rules on trade, travel, and business for the UK and EU will continue to apply during the transition period. New rules will take effect on 1 January 2021.

Please check the Government's website and Parliament's website for the most up to date Brexit information. You can also subscribe to email updates.

EU settlement scheme - local help available

If you're an EU, EEA or Swiss Citizen, you and your family can now apply to the EU settlement scheme to continue living and working in the UK after 30 June 2021. It is free to apply.

Apply online to the Home Office for the right to stay in the UK via the settled or pre-settled status scheme.

To apply, you'll need to fill in a short online application form using a computer, tablet or mobile phone. Applicants will be asked to prove:

  • their identity with a valid ID (e.g. passport or national identity card)
  • residency in the UK
  • relationship to a family member from the EU living in the UK, if they want to come to the UK from outside the EU

The UK Government will advise you if they need any further information. 

If you need extra help to complete the application form, you can: 

  • call 'We Are Digital' on 03333 445 675 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
  • text "VISA" to 'We Are Digital' on 07537 416 944 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
  • contact the Rosmini Centre in Wisbech on 01945 474422. (They will see you and assist but you need to make an appointment and not just turn up at the centre as you won't be seen without an appointment)
  • contact ACCESS on 01553 773905
  • contact PARCA (Peterborough Asylum & Refugee Community Association) on 01733 563420.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email


Print this page