Leisure Project Manager - closing 09.03.2024
Project Manager - Leisure Facility Planned Preventative Maintenance and Improvements Projects
Fixed Term - 2 years
37 hours per week
£38,223-£48,474 per annum
With our operating partner, Freedom Leisure, Fenland District Council offers the community four leisure facilities across the district aiming to offer the local community vibrant spaces that promote health, wellness, and community engagement.
We are seeking a skilled Project Manager to lead the management and execution of capital maintenance and improvement projects within leisure centres. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of project delivery, from initial planning to final implementation, ensuring that projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the highest quality standards.
- Develop and implement project plans, including scope, budget, and timeline.
- Coordinate with the Freedom Leisure management team, internal stakeholders, external contractors, and regulatory agencies to ensure project success.
- Monitor project progress and performance, identifying and addressing any issues or risks that may arise.
- Manage project budgets and resources effectively to optimise project outcomes.
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders to provide updates on project status and solicit feedback.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, standards, and safety requirements.
- Oversee the procurement process for contractors and equipment needed for project execution.
It is expected that you will have proven experience managing projects, preferably within the leisure industry. You will have excellent communication, negotiation, and stakeholder management skills and you will have the ability to prioritise tasks, manage competing priorities, and adapt to changing circumstances.
If you are interested in this post and would like to apply, please complete an application form (please read the guidance notes) and send to the Human Resources team, preferably by email to Recruitment@fenland.gov.uk or post to the HR Team, at Fenland District Council, Room 48, Fenland Hall, County Road, March, PE15 8NQ.
Application forms are available to download from this page or alternatively please either phone our Customer Services team on 01354 654321 or email Recruitment@fenland.gov.uk.
For an informal chat about the role please contact Phil Hughes - 01354 622520
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS - 9th March 2024
Interviews to take place, week commencing 12th March 2024