Draft Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) on planning matters
We want to hear your views on how we consult and engage with communities on planning matters.
The new draft Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) sets out how we will consult on planning applications, emerging planning policy and neighbourhood planning. That includes the Local Plan and Neighbourhood Plans, which help to guide where different types of development such as housing, retail or industrial estates should be.
Paper copies are available to view at:
- Fenland libraries:
- Chatteris Library, 2 Furrowfields Road, PE16 6DY
- March Library, City Road, PE15 9LT
- Whittlesey Library, 31-35 Market Street, PE7 1BA
- Wisbech Library, Ely Place, PE13 1EU
- Boathouse Business Centre, 1 Harbour Square, Nene Parade, Wisbech, PE13 3BH
- South Fens Business Centre, Fenton Way, Chatteris PE16 6TT
The SCI is a statutory document, required by national legislation. Once approved the new SCI will replace the existing SCI adopted in 2018.
The draft document incorporates Government guidance and planning law.
To comment on the draft SCI you can:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to: Planning Policy, Fenland District Council, Fenland Hall, County Road, March, Cambs, PE15 8NQ.
Consultation on the draft SCI closes on Sunday, October 1.
The draft SCI will then be updated and go back before Fenland's Cabinet for approval.