Business Improvement Officer - Closing 09.10.2023
Band 5 - 6 (subject to Job evaluation) (£25,878 to £32,020 per annum, national pay award pending) 2-year fixed term contract
We are currently undertaking an ambitious Transformation programme across the organisation, and we are looking to expand our team to deliver this exciting programme of change.
We've recently been nationally recognised by the MJ for workforce transformation, and we are now looking to further develop the project and to grow our team.
Our key focus is to transform and improve service delivery for our customers ensuring that we put them first and provide the best possible customer experience.
We are expanding our transformation team who have a broad remit supporting the Council to complete individual service reviews across all aspects of the council.
Our positive impact across the organisation has been recognised and we are now looking to recruit to join our experienced and supportive transformation team to carry out an exciting Council-wide transformation programme.
Key objectives include:
- Review and transform our customer facing services to make them more accessible.
- Streamlining processes to improve consistency and efficiency across the organisation by simplifying, standardising and automating tasks.
- Improving the customer experience and make it easy for people to interact with the council.
- Developing our technology to enable our customers to self-serve where they can, and support customers who are unable to do this.
- Developing back office integrated technology to assist with efficient ways of working.
- Identifying key Performance measures to effectively monitor the progress and realisation of benefits identified as part of service reviews.
The role will support the transformation programme by leading service reviews through the four key stages:
- Discovery - understanding what the service does, mapping processes, benchmarking, collecting and analysing data, researching best practice, exploring how we use technology.
- Recommendations - how can we work differently to improve the customer experience, release capacity to focus on value-added tasks, use of technology to work smarter and improve our online services, ensure we have the right roles completing the right tasks and importantly developing performance metrics and benefits realisation plans to measure these things.
- Implementation - working with services to implement approved recommendations, delivering to agreed timescales and meeting key milestones/
- Evaluation - measuring success to ensure that new ways of working have been embedded within the service and that identified benefits continue to be realised.
You will have an open and enquiring mind, have great communication skills and willingness to be part of an innovative team who are integral in the delivery of transformation across the Council.
Email us to arrange an informal chat with Anna Goodall, Assistant Director; email@example.com
If you are interested in this post and would like to apply, please complete an application form (please read the guidance notes) and send to the Human Resources team, preferably by email to Recruitment@fenland.gov.uk or post to the HR Team, at Fenland District Council, Room 76, Fenland Hall, County Road, March, PE15 8NQ.
Application forms are available to download from this page or alternatively please either phone our Customer Services team on 01354 654321 or email Recruitment@fenland.gov.uk.
Closing date 9 October 2023 at midnight
Recruitment process will take place week commencing 16 October 2023.