Cake and chat events offer support with cost of living in Fenland
Fenland residents can access information on how to reduce and manage household bills and the cost of living at a series of friendly, informal events.
Fenland District Council is hosting a string of 'Community Chat and Advice' sessions across the district where people can visit stands run by a variety of support organisations in an indoor market style environment.
Visitors will be able to enjoy free tea, coffee and cake and get information on everything from benefits to energy bills, food costs, managing budgets and where to turn if in distress.
Cllr Susan Wallwork, portfolio holder for communities, said: "We ran some events like these in the winter and found it was a great way to take information to people in a friendly and supportive environment. We know times remain tough for many of our residents and we want them to know they don't need to struggle alone.
"These events are a chance for anyone to discover ways to reduce and manage household bills and the cost of living - whether they are finding things really difficult or just want to ensure they're doing things as efficiently as possible.
"There's no need to book. We invite people to just drop in on the day."
Stallholders will include Fenland District Council, Rural Cambs Citizens Advice Bureau, local energy organisation PECT, Healthy You, Cambridgeshire County Council's Think Communities Team, Anglian Water, Clarion Housing and Healthwatch.
The drop-in events take place 10.30am to 12.30pm at:
- March - March Library, City Road - Friday 23 June
- Whittlesey - Whittlesey Library, Market Street - Monday 26 June
- Wisbech - Oasis Centre, St Michaels Avenue - Monday 3 July
- Chatteris - King Edward Centre, King Edwards Road - Friday 14 July
- Wisbech - Queen Mary Centre, Queen's Road - Friday 21 July
You can also access cost of living information and advice in the following ways:
- Visit the Council's Cost of Living Support webpage
- Pick up a Cost of Living Support information leaflet from your local library.
- Contact Fenland District Council
To keep up-to-date with Fenland District Council news and events follow us on Facebook and Twitter.