Housing Strategy & Enabling Officer - closing 19.06.2023
Band 7 (£32,020 - £36,298 excluding pay award for 23/24)
37 hours per week
2-year fixed term contract
An exciting role has become available on a 2-year fixed term contract to help meet housing needs in the district of Fenland and also a neighbouring district.
The role includes the following key responsibilities:
· Selling Fenland and our partner area as an area that providers of new affordable housing want to invest in and secure new homes delivery.
· Identify accommodation requirements on a site-by-site basis that best meets identified housing needs.
· Negotiate the delivery of new affordable homes through planning gain (S106)
· Provide statutory information relating to housing to national government.
· Support funding bids by the Council and partners to help secure inward investment for affordable housing.
As a Council we pride ourselves with our Customer Service Excellence accreditation.
The Council operates a generous flexi-time scheme as well as offering a number of other benefits, including free car parking and discounted access to leisure facilities.
If you are interested in this post and would like to apply, please complete an application form (please read the guidance notes) and send to the Human Resources team, preferably by email to Recruitment@fenland.gov.uk or post to the HR Team, at Fenland District Council, Room 48, Fenland Hall, County Road, March, PE15 8NQ.
Application forms are available to download from this page or alternatively please either phone our Customer Services team on 01354 654321 or email Recruitment@fenland.gov.uk.
If you would like an informal chat, please email Dan Horn firstname.lastname@example.org .
Deadline for applications - midday 19th June 2023