Cost of living support events to be held in Fenland
Fenland residents will be able to find out about a range of support and advice to help with the rising cost of living through a series of drop-in events being held in the district during November and December.
Fenland District Council is holding four cost of living support events to help people with the challenges we're facing this winter - from information on financial support and help with energy bills and food costs, to managing budgets and where to turn if you're in distress.
The events are being held on:
- Friday 4th November: Queen Mary Centre, Wisbech - 10am to 12noon.
- Monday 28th November: Oasis Centre, Wisbech - 10am to 12noon.
- Tuesday 6th December: Whittlesey Library - 10.30am to 12.30pm.
- Friday 16th December: Chatteris Library - 10.30am to 12.30pm.
The drop-in events follow a One Community event at Neale Wade Academy, March, on 27 October, when Council officers joined partners to share cost of living advice and support.
Leader of Fenland District Council, Cllr Chris Boden, said: "We know many people are being adversely impacted by the cost of living crisis and that could get worse over the winter months. There is a lot of support available to help people cope but some might be finding it difficult to access the right information.
"We are working extremely hard as a Council, together with our partners, to ensure that residents can access the vital help available. These events are a great way to help us do that as residents can go to one place to get advice, ask questions, share concerns, and find out about support they may not even be aware of."
As well as information from Fenland District Council, other partners and local organisations will be on hand to advise residents too. These include Rural Cambs Citizens Advice Bureau, local energy organisation PECT, Healthy You, Cambridgeshire County Council's Think Communities Team, Anglian Water, Clarion Housing and Healthwatch.
The events are completely free to attend. There's no need to book, and you can drop in anytime during each session.
You can also access cost of living information and advice in the following ways:
- Visit the Council's Cost of Living Support webpage.
- Pick up a Cost of Living Support information leaflet from the Council's Customer Service Centres at Fenland Hall, March, and The Boathouse Business Centre, Wisbech, or from your local library.
- Call the Council's Customer Contact Centre on 01354 654321.
Article date: October 2022