Band 5/6 £23,541 - £29,577 pro rata
Up to 22.5 hours per week - working pattern has some flexibility
You will be responsible for the administration of end-to-end payroll for all direct employees, internal and external reporting of payroll information to deadlines.
Via our HR & Payroll system you will gather, create and process all payroll related information to ensure employees and Members are paid on time and accurately.
You will work with HR team to provide a Learning & Development function to our employees via our e-learning platform, this will include development and delivery of some training packages. You will get involved in data cleansing, auditing, data migration and the development of various HR and L&D systems.
To be successful for the role you must have the following:
· A keen interest to learn our monthly payroll and associated HR & Payroll systems
· Good Team worker with excellent communication skills to all relevant stakeholders
· Excellent attention to detail
· Knowledge in the areas of PAYE, NI, SMP, SSP and HMRC statutory regulations would be an advantage
· An understanding of on boarding and leavers processes, taking the lead of Corporate Inductions
· Highly organised to meet tight monthly payroll deadlines
· Ability to work independently under pressure
· Excellent Microsoft Office skills particularly Excel
For the right person we can offer an opportunity to undertake a professional payroll qualification.
If you are interested in this post and would like to apply, please complete an application form (please read the guidance notes) and send to the Human Resources team, preferably by email to Recruitment@fenland.gov.uk or post to the HR Team, at Fenland District Council, Room 48, Fenland Hall, County Road, March, PE15 8NQ.
Application forms are available to download from this page or alternatively please either phone our Customer Services team on 01354 654321 or email Recruitment@fenland.gov.uk.
Closing date - 25th January 2022
Interviews - week commencing 31st January 2022