Job Title: Head of Income Generation
Job Description: Little Miracles is a small but ambitious charity improving the lives of families that have children with additional needs, disabilities and life limiting conditions. As a member of the strategic management team, you will develop and lead the income generation strategy in line with the agreed strategy for Little Miracles to secure the resources required to deliver our strategic objectives both now and in the future. This is an exciting role for us and as such has the flexibility to be moulded in a way that suits both our organisation and you as the successful applicant.
· You will be responsible for setting clear, ambitious and measurable targets to generate income; this includes the development and use of the Airtable CRM database and other new technologies in the income generation team.
· Developing and delivering effective methods of quality assurance and quality improvement will be key in this role, including data collection, for all income generating activity and promote the highest standards of practice.
· You will be instrumental in ensuring that Little Miracles meets all relevant statutory requirements and industry standards in relation to income generation, as well and ensuring financial management and accountability for Little Miracles
· To provide leadership to all of our income generating activities and to be accountable for the work of your team being compliant to the required standard and meeting targets
· Supporting and developing our fundraising team - we have a combination of paid staff and volunteers and the role requires coaching and mentoring people. This will also require working with the team to ensure that all fundraising events are running, planned, appropriately staffed, resourced and evaluated
· To work with other teams and departments, including HR, in order to ensure that the recruitment, selection, induction and development of staff and volunteers is both legal and ethical and is a rewarding experience for everyone within your team.
· Work with the Senior Management Team to develop and deliver the strategic vision of the charity and ensure that the CEO and Trustees are full briefed on progress.
· To promote and develop the reputation of the charity by working with other organisations and representing Little Miracles within the community.
· You will work alongside the Head of Families and the Head of Finance and Admin in order to set budgets and ensure we have the resources required.
· To monitor and evaluate our data collection in order to plan and review services as well as reporting as per funding requirements.
· This role profile is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended in line with both performance reviews and to meet the changing needs of the charity. The post holder will be expected to participate in this process and charity would aim to reach agreement to the changes.
· To work flexibly and carry out any other reasonable duties as required.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
· Either a degree or extensive experience in a relevant field of work (eg fundraising, the non-profit sector, organisational management or business administration.)
· A minimum of two years management experience in a relevant field.
· A successful track record in fundraising
· The ability to work independently and prioritise workloads effectively
· An excellent understanding of UK voluntary sector
· Commitment to the values of Little Miracles
· Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
· Knowledge of Institute of Fundraising codes of practice.
· Ability to work with a limited fundraising and marketing budget to deliver results.
· Contributes to a sense of common purpose and direction in the team.
· Flexible and enjoys change, with the ability to work in a small team across departments.
· Experience of marketing and communication
· The confidence to lead on both creating and delivering presentations utilising a wide range of IT programs.
· Understanding and empathy with families that have children with additional needs, disabilities and life limiting conditions.
· An understanding of using digital marketing as a brand building and income generating tool.
· Evidence of continuing professional development.
· Experience of managing relationships with a range of partners
· Clean driving licence
· A commitment to anti discriminatory policies and procedures
Desirable Knowledge and Skills
· Knowledge or experience of disabilities and the issues that affect families raising children with additional needs, disabilities and life limiting conditions.
· An understanding of the legal framework associated with child protection and the importance of safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults to minimise the risks to their welfare and maximise positive outcomes for all families - although training in this will be provided
· A training qualification (e.g. PTLLS or similar)
We are currently recruiting for both the newly created Head of Families role and to replace our long-standing Head of Income Generation Manager. Both roles have a salary range of between 26k per year and 36k per year dependent upon experience and the ability to deputise for the CEO.
This role is classed as having a high degree or contact with children and vulnerable adults and is therefore exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Employment to this post will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.