Band 7 £29,577 - £33,782
We are an ambitious, forward thinking organisation that strives for efficiency, continuous improvement and a progressive working environment. As an organisation we are passionate about our unique, refreshing 'one-team' culture which supports the effective delivery of our corporate priorities whilst creating an environment for excellent customer service. It enables officers, elected members and partners to effectively work together without the constraints of traditional department silos.
The successful candidate will be joining our innovative organisation at an exciting time, at the implementation stage of the 'My Fenland' project. Reporting to the Customer Engagement Manager the post holder will play a pivotal role with the My Fenland Management Team ensuring that employees are supported to deliver an excellent customer experience at the first point of contact. The role will require you to oversee the operational delivery of the team you manage.
· Motivate, empower and inspire the team to perform to the best of their ability
· Actively and inclusively lead the team to ensure all team members are engaged with the vision and purpose of the My Fenland team as a whole and the Council corporately.
· Ensure that an effective performance management system is in place and used in the team to maximise efficiency, accuracy whilst also identifying and delivering training needs to continually improve service.
· Produce team rotas and ensure the effective use of all staffing resources across the My Fenland team in order to provide the best service to internal as well as external customers.
· Develop and deliver an effective training programme to both new and existing My Fenland team officers. Give guidance, coaching and develop and support to all members of the team.
· Regularly benchmarks performance and makes recommendations to drive forward performance improvements.
· Drive and support the rollout of new and amended processes and technology
· Build effective working relationship with service delivery teams to ensure the delivery of a caring and high-quality service to customers.
· Continuously look to at the use of information and communication technology (ICT) in order to improve service delivery and efficiency.
· Ability to work at pace, without having a detrimental impact on performance
· Skilled in influencing and managing change
We are looking for someone who:
· Has previous experience of managing a high performing, productive, motivated team
· Understands customer service and communication, technical issue resolution, best practice, and industry innovation
· Possesses a natural curiosity and have an affinity for creative problem-solving
· An outstanding communicator who excels at engaging with colleagues at all levels across the organisation in a clear, professional, and informative style
· Can quickly build trust and confidence with customers and colleagues
· Has shown a consistent track record of delivering results
· Maintains high standards and inspire and motivates team members to do so
· Is motivated and a self starter supporting others achieve success and growing individuals
· Has experience or interest in building a positive team culture that is focused on Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
· If you are interested in this post and would like to apply, please complete an application form (please read the guidance notes) and send to the Human Resources team, preferably by email to Recruitment@fenland.gov.uk or post to the HR Team, at Fenland District Council, Room 48, Fenland Hall, County Road, March, PE15 8NQ.
· Application forms are available to download from this page or alternatively please either phone our Customer Services team on 01354 654321 or email Recruitment@fenland.gov.uk.
Application forms are available to download from this page or alternatively please either phone our Customer Services team on 01354 654321 or email Recruitment@fenland.gov.uk.
Closing date - 19th April 2021
Interviews - week commencing 26th April 2021