This grant is principally aimed at individuals who have declared themselves to be self-employed or who operate personal service companies or other comparable structures whereby their earnings are principally derived from their status as a Director of that company.
The grant has been introduced in recognition that some individuals have not been able to access other grants which the Council has made available using funds received from government to help address the financial impact of the Covid 19 pandemic on the local economy. This grant is therefore not available to any individual or business which has applied for and received either the Local Restrictions Support Grant or the Supplementary Winter Lockdown Grant.
Charities are also not entitled to receive this grant.
All applicants need to fulfil the following criteria in order to be eligible:
· trading prior to 5th April 2020
· a minimum of 25% of your taxable income will be generated from self-employment as evidenced in your most recent tax return
· you must currently be trading or intending to resume trading when relevant lockdown restrictions are lifted
· you must not have been able to claim furlough funding in respect of anyone listed as a Director of the company; and
· you must not have been able to claim under rounds 1, 2 and/or 3 of the Self Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) administered by HMRC.
Applicants need to select which of the following categories most accurately reflects their circumstances:
Businesses in this category will have ceased trading due to lockdown restrictions preventing them from generating income from their normal economic activity. Examples include, but are not restricted to:
· beauticians and other personal care businesses;
· providers of non-medical therapies and treatments;
· and driving instructors;
Businesses in these sectors will be required to provide evidence to show that prior to 5 April 2020 they were trading in a sector subsequently required to close due to lockdown restrictions and that the business was economically active prior to either the current national lockdown or the national lockdown in November 2020.
Businesses in this category will be able to continue to trade in the current lockdown or would have been able to trade during the national lockdown in November 2020 without being in breach of the relevant lockdown restrictions. However, their income will have been severely reduced. Typically, this will be because they supply sectors of the economy directly impacted by the lockdown restrictions. However, the Council recognises the lockdown has affected a range of different businesses so no occupations are excluded if the criteria below are satisfied.
Businesses will be required to provide evidence to show they were both trading prior to 5 April 2020 and the business was economically active prior to either the current national lockdown or the national lockdown in November 2020.
Additionally, businesses in this category will be required to:
· provide a narrative explanation of how their business has been affected by the current lockdown; and
· provide evidence (corroborated by bank statements or a letter from a financial advisor/ registered accountant) to demonstrate their income reduced by at least 50% in the period 5 November 2020 - 1st December 2020 or 1st January 2021 - 31st January 2021 compared to an appropriate and relevant trading period in the 2019-20 financial year.
Businesses which qualify should complete the form on our website and the grant will be paid to all qualifying businesses.
A one-off grant of £4,500 will be paid to each qualifying individual. An individual with multiple businesses will only be permitted to receive one grant.
The Council may decide to provide further grants to qualifying individuals if sufficient funds are available. Details will be published on the Council's website if this situation arises.
Queries relating to this grant should be sent to email@example.com