Skip Navigation
Navigation Menu

Encouraging response to cuts consultation

There has been an encouraging response to Fenland District Council's district-wide cuts consultation, asking people where it should seek to find the £1.8 million in extra savings needed over the next three years as a result of the Government's continuing austerity measures.

Have Your Say

By the start of this week (October 12), more than 3,000 people had completed survey forms indicating which services they feel could best be reduced to close the funding gap. Responses are still coming in both online and by post.

There are just under two weeks to go before this initial consultation ends on October 26. The results will be collated and used to help shape further consultation to be held towards the end of this year and into 2016.

Council leader Councillor John Clark said: "We're very pleased with the response so far and hope more residents will send us their views over the next few days. Our task then will be to look closely at everything people have said before holding further consultation later in the year and into 2016. That will look in more detail at some of the realistic options open to us.

"As we've said from the start, we are facing a huge financial challenge and will have to make some very tough decisions. We want to make sure that ultimately we do what's best for all the people of Fenland."

Article added October 13, 2015